Horse Lake Country Home
This unique property is positioned at the mid section of Horse Lake in the Cariboo region of B.C., Canada. The property encompasses almost one acre offering serenity and privacy on the edge of a well established, well maintained cul-de-sac. Its private location offers a wildlife refuge and if you are very early risers it is not uncommon to see deer, moose and fox roaming through the property. Bird life and in particular, waterfowl is abundant with the haunting calls of ‘Loons’ echoing over the lake. Sunrises and Sunsets are spectacular from the decks both upper and lower. There is nothing like lounging in the hot tub on the lower deck, watching the sunset or late at night gazing at the star constellations filling the skies above.
A canoe and two kayaks are supplied for your paddling pleasure. Two adult bicycles and helmets also come included with this home for you to enjoy cycling the surrounding area. There is a small tricycle also available for use.
An aluminum fishing boat with motor is available for rent by the week. Additional fishing type boats with motors are available for rent just up the road. If you are bringing your own boat it can be launched in the public access bordering the property or for larger boats there is a boat launch just up the road for which you will be charged a nominal fee.
The dock is my favorite place to be in the early morning, lounging with a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee watching the sun rise and listening to the silence of the morning or slipping into the canoe or kayak and paddling out into the lake or along the shoreline amongst the bird life in silence. Often beaver and muskrats can be seen in the water from the shoreline or from the canoe or kayak as they go about their day.
The hot tub sunken into the lower deck, the large sauna in it’s own separate building with piped in music and lights on a dimmer as well as the steam bath in the main floor bathroom give you all the options for indulging yourself in your own private spa like atmosphere while taking in the natural beauty of the lake and nature surrounding.
Should you want to create a ‘spa day’ with an aesthetician providing massage, facials, and other aesthetic services, it can be arranged if planned well in advance of your arrival. Price will vary depending on how many services booked, a quote can be provided.
The property is ideal for outdoor games, some have been supplied for your use such as badminton, volleyball, croquet, bocci ball, soccer, frisbee and others. The entire property is fenced making it safe for children.
For those times when you want to just relax indoors there is a library of DVD’s, VHS, Books and CD’s along with a variety of board games including; trivial pursuit, monopoly, connect 4, puzzles, a crib board, dominos and more. Satelite TV is included and ‘Pay per View’ is available on request at the going rate.
In nearby 100 Mile House; shopping, restaurants, tennis courts, hiking and cycling trails, a 9 hole golf course and much more awaits your patronage. At the 108 Ranch (a 30 min. drive) there is an 18 hole championship golf course, more tennis courts, cycling trails, horseback riding, full spa facilities and a heritage site.
Keywords: Cariboo, lake, luxury, home, private, fly in, float plane, accessibility, drive to, view, birdlife, birdwatching, loons, waterfowl, deer, moose, fox, beautiful, large property, usable, lakefront, nice beach, good swimming, quiet, natural, nature, country, beautiful setting, fishing, fly fishing, kokanee, rainbow trout, lake trout, large, fenced, property, child friendly, waterskiing, wake boarding, boating, power boating, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, cycling, hiking. Golf, tennis nearby.
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:the large grassy areas of the property offer lots of room for children to play any sport imaginable as well as wooded areas to play in. the large grassy areas of the property offer lots of room for children to play any sport imaginable as well as wooded areas to play in. The property is entirely fenced.
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Convertible bed(s)
- King size beds (1) Master bedroom on the lower level, full bedding supplied, Queen size Beds (2) Master Bedroom on main level, full bedding supplied.
If requested, another queen bed can be set up in the lower level twin bed room, Twin or Single Beds (4) One bedroom on the main floor has 2 twin beds. Bottom sheet, pillow and pillow case are supplied. Please bring your own comforters or blankets. One bedroom on the lower level also contains 2 twin beds outfitted with same as on main level. Please bring your own comforters or blankets., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) On the lower level in the lounge area between the bedrooms is a sofa bed which makes up as a double bed. Full bedding is supplied.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided:Full bedding is supplied for the Queen size and King Size Beds as well as the Hide a Bed. Bottom sheets, pillow and pillow cases are supplied for the 4 twin beds. One additional Queen size bed is available to be made up in one of the twin bedrooms upon request, full bedding is supplied. Bath mats in all 3 bathrooms are supplied but bath and hand towels, face cloths are not supplied. Please bring your own. Hand Soap in all bathrooms is supplied but bring your own shower/bath soap and toiletries. Kitchen towels and cloths are supplied as well as all detergents.
- Wood Fireplace:There is a wood burning fireplace with a gas log lighter in the living room. Wood for burning is supplied and instructions for running the gas log lighter are provided.
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer: Parking for RV is available at an additional cost if being occupied during the rental period. Boat/Trailer parking is available on the property.
- Parking Off Street:Parking for up to 4 vehicles is available in the driveway.
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- steam shower, large dock, well maintained garden with expansive areas in lawn suitable for badminton, croquet, etc., large outdoor fire-pit, high end outdoor furniture including teak picnic table with umbrella, located on a paved road in a quiet well established neighborhood.
- Music Library: The stereo system delivers sound through speakers in the living room as well as to the detached ‘sauna’ building. Settings allow listening pleasure to both areas or each area individualy as you choose.
- Satellite / Cable: Satellite TV is provided in the living room on the main level. Pay per view is available at an extra cost
- Video Library:A variety of children’s, family and adult videos/dvd’s has been made available for your viewing pleasure.
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub: A private hot tub is located sunken into the lower deck overlooking the lake. As there is no roof over the hot tub it is most pleasurable to relax back and enjoy the star constellations at night.
- Sauna: The large sauna with two levels of cedar seating, lighting with dimmers and piped in music, is located in a detached building along a walkway at the side of the house.
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Lakefront:the property is almost 1 acre with 200 ft. of usable waterfront.
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Pier Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing